Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half Blood

The home of all demigods.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I have no idea what I'm doing here.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Huntress
Moderators

Drachmas : 94

I have no idea what I'm doing here. Empty
PostSubject: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:28 am

I walked in, looking around. There seemed
to be no one around. I sighed and grabbed a chair, dragging it towards my plan table. I tore off a section of
blueprint paper to do some rough work on, and started drafting body
armour that would protect someone from arrows as well. Arrows could
always find the chinks in armour, but what if armour had no
chinks - that was my basic idea. I started outlining the shape of the
calf-plates first - an arrow in the leg and you were done for. I picked
up a lump of scrap metal, walking over to the ever-burning hearth to
heat it. Melted, it would form a smooth, slippery, and yet light and strong surface, hard to hit at with an arrow.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

Drachmas : 69

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 am

I walked in and saw ember working on something, I walked over to her table and saw that it was armor that protected against arrows. I quickly wore my protective gear and picked up her's and walked towards the burning heath "Nice idea, but you should still put this on before you start forging it." just because we were children of Hephaestus it did not mean that we were immune to fire.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am

I looked around at the voice. "Ken?" I asked questioningly, recognizing the tone. "I knew you'd be around." I said, rolling my eyes. "And I'm not forging anything. It's just scrap metal, don't worry." I said, wavnig away the protective gear. It had reached it's melting point, and I grabbed the fire tongs, pulled it out, and plunged it into the bucket of water nearby. Before it could fully cool, I grabbed two sheets of ice cold metal and pressed them together, the quickly melting metal in between, slowly flattening out. I rushed over to my work table and pressed it down.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 8:23 am

"Okay, well then I'll just start working on this amazing idea, I wonder who thought of this" I said as I snatched blueprint paper from Ember's desk and took of my protective gear. I sat on my desk and added some variations here and there. I completed the design and said "Well, I am going to start of with this and might ask you for help if you want to do anything but concentrate on a scrap of metal." I said grinning.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:47 am

I looked over at him, arms pressed firmly on the two sheets of metal. "It's a model, not a piece of scrap metal, Ken, and you know it." I said, eyebrows arched defensively. Still pressing down with one hand, I reached for a lower-body armor mannequin and placed it on the table, calf-front. When the metal had nearly set, I grabbed Ken's protective gloves, since he didn't look like he'd been using them anyway, yanked them on, and removed the top metal sheet. Moving fast, I overturned the bottom one onto the left calf of the mannequin, molding it into shape with my gloves. I gently detached the mannequin's leg, dipping it in ice cold water to cool it off. "There." I said, proudly holding the leg up. "That's what I want. Even if you get an Apollo in here, it'd be hard to pierce the skin." I declared. I walked over to him and saw his variations. Little, really, but greatly significant. I decided to melt a large pan of celestial bronze, to make a full set of armor, with Ken's improvements. "It looks good." I said, shrugging. "I like your eye for balance." I said.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:13 am

Taking the pan of celestial bronze from her I said " I will do this while you start with the knee joint. also you are covering that with a thin layer of celestial bronze are you not?" I put the large pan on the burning heath and walked to get my gloves. " I am going to help weather you like it or not." I said frankly. I returned when the celestial bronze was semi-solid and took a bit of it. I took two metal sheets, poured some on it and pressed it hard to make it thin yet firm. Sliding it between one of the slots I returned to the mannequin and took it out of the ice cold water the metal had almost solidified around it. Perfect I thought I ran back to the metal sheets uncovered it and slowly wrapped it around skillfully I wet my gloves a little and slowly covered it smoothly and dipped it back into the water. I returned the metal sheets to the slots which pressed it and returned to the semi-solid celestial bronze to repeat the process.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 am

I grinned at his efficiency and skill. "I don't mind your help." I said softly, smiling. "In fact, thanks." I said. I brushed past him, scooping out a chunk of metal that someone had left in the hearth stupidly. Lucky for me, it had nearly melted, so I started working on the knee joint, almost subconsciously. I decided to try to initiate conversation. "So, got a girlfriend yet?" I smirked. It was almost a game with us. He was my brother anyway, so what did it matter? "I could set you up with someone, if you want." I offered.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 am

I slid the third and the last of the semi-solid celestial bronze in the slot between the sheets. " Welcome, and no I have not got a girlfriend yet and I don't want you do set me up with someone" I said exasperatedly. "What about you though, a pretty girl like you should have a boyfriend already" I said mocking her jokingly. "When you are done with that just tell me okay?" I said as I made my way back to the molten celestial bronze. I carefully took it off and put it down close to the heat so it would stay molten. I admired my sister's detailed work for a moment and went back to the mannequin to check weather the metal had solidified properly or not.

OOC - What were you going to do with the celestial bronze?
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:30 am

"Hey." I said indignantly. "My matchmaking skills aren't sub-par or something, you know. And anyways," I said, a sarcastic tone creeping into my voice. "I wouldn't even have to do anything - you've got so much natural charm that any girl would fall for." I said jokingly, making air quotes when I said natural charm. I stopped working to wipe the sweat off of my brow from the heat, and sat back to let the knee joint set. "Done." I said. "Have you got an idea for this or something?" I asked, gesturing to the bronze, now a molten heap. "And no, I haven't got a boyfriend, though I unknowingly broke a heart in a matter of hours." I had no emotion in me when I said the last statement. I felt bad for John, sure, but it wasn't my fault if I didn't like him. "You'd better watch out and put that bronze closer to the fire - it's solidifying, look!" I said urgently.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 3:57 am

"Ya, ya I know they are not" I said not really meaning it " and yes that is absolutely true I do have so much natural charm any girl would fall for, but what do you mean by you broke a heart" I said my expression turning serious in a matter of seconds. I then said "and the celestial bronze will be used for smoothing out the joints of the armor because that's where Apollo kids usually find their aim in perfect armor. But if the whole thing i smooth how will they do that?" I said walking to the steadily solidifying celestial bronze and moved it closer to the heath " Now you should start working on the thigh" I said taking the knee joint from her and walking to the mannequin, taking it out and attaching it too the Armour which was really efficient now, I ran back to the slots, took out the metal sheet and heated it a bit by bringing it close to the heath and then covered the half solidified knee joint with ease. I had gotten the hang of this and the rest should be easy now I thought, I turned to Ember anxiously waiting for her answer.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:48 pm

I shrugged. "I'm not sure, honestly. He just seemed really overemotional, crying for no reason, freaking cutting himself if I left for like, five minutes, and -- I don't know." I said exasperatedly. "I always seem to do the wrong things, Ken." I muttered dejectedly, sighing. I stood up, grabbing the femur joint to layer it with metal. As I worked, I was barely aware of anything but the fire crackling in the background, and the occasional sound of Ken's experienced fingers pressing mold after mold of celestial bronze. I had a lump in my throat that prevented me from saying anything else, but Ken was my brother - he had to understand what I was feeling right now.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:10 pm

I understood she did not want to talk about it and left the topic there, instead of that I asked "so, you got any cookies for me?" I said grinning. She knew that I adored cookies and would usually get some for me so now sometimes I greeted her like that. I went back to the molten celestial bronze and scooped some up in a tungsten cup I walked to the mannequin pulling it out, this was the tough part I put it cautiously on the forging table and checked if the armor was stable and had perfectly solidified. I carefully took some of the molten celestial bronze and smoothed it out on the joint when it had taken the shape I wanted I dipped tit back in the ice cold water. " Are you done yet?" I called out to Ember.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:21 pm

"No, but I've got a chocolate cream tart chilling up in the cabin freezer." I said laughingly. I decided to take a break. "Yeah, the thigh's done, but I'm taking five to rest, ok?" I asked. I was dejected, tired, and depressed. Emotions factored strongly during productive time, and affected creative flow. If I made a crappy suit of armor that no one wanted to wear, it'd be a major waste of metal. So I decided to stop until I felt better.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Okay, I will see you in the cabin when I've finished coating the left leg I said as she left out of the side door and entered the cabin. I finished my work and followed her out grabbing a packet of cookies on the way in and settled down on my bunk opposite to hers.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I have no idea what I'm doing here.   I have no idea what I'm doing here. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I have no idea what I'm doing here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The Armory-
Jump to: