Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half Blood

The home of all demigods.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Huntress
Moderators

Drachmas : 94

Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) Empty
PostSubject: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:19 pm

I walk into my bunk, bored and yet no longer homesick. After all, I didn't have much of a home. Here, with it's amazing armory and forges - not to mention endless supply of celestial bronze, is more than I could hope for. I sigh and plop down into my bunk.

I've never been much of a deep thinker - I don't really like emotions. I chip off a section of bedpost with and insanely sharp knife, and start fiddling with it. Before I know it, I've made a makeshift miniscule spear. I throw it weakly, and it moves faster than I expect to bury itself in the opposite wall.

"Huh." I say gently to myself. I roughly draft a plan on a piece of graph paper. We might want to build this thing.

I'm trying to forget about John, but I can't. I don't know why. But I can't. He didn't mean to call me what he did. He just -- I can't bear it. I get up and leave.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:56 pm

I walked in, leaning against my bunk and avoiding Ken's eyes. I wanted to just bury my head in a pillow and cry, for no particular reason, but I didn't.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

Drachmas : 69

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 10:29 pm

I munched on my cookies looking at Ember's blueprint of the spear. I did not say anything and let her sort out her emotions herself.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2013 2:53 am

I looked at my watch and said " Ember, I have to go now but please finish making all parts of that armor whenever you are free, I will coat them and pin this to my table please" I said running out of the Cabin, "I am sorry I have to leave" I said turning around just before the door shut.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 8:07 am

I returned to the bunk greeting Ember on the way in, I grabbed my packet of cookies which I had left and sat down with some blueprint paper in my hand. I was going to construct a Villa which had all the latest technologies in it. I usually found about all the new updated stuff using Arian my Hermes friends laptop. I still wonder how he keeps it safe from being stolen in the Hermes cabin. Oh well, that was besides the point I started sketching the outer layout of the Villa starting with a huge garden at the front. It has what people termed 'pleasure houses' and when I was younger I had dreamed of staying in one of these with my mom when I grew older but nothing like that, considering where I was now. I always kept loads of blueprint sheets with me when I was making something because I usually got different ideas while making a blueprint for a specific thing. I was still creating the blueprint of a dagger which would be forged in some significant river or mountain or something like that because I was tired of forging things that would only be used for someone for a time being and would never make history. As I was thinking about this I wondered if there could be armor really light and yet as efficient as any other or maybe more. I started sketching its layout and was soon finished with it except one of the most important bits, moving back to my villa and finishing the symmetrical garden. At last I looked up at Ember asking the question that was not leaving my mind " What could be very light yet immensely strong?" I sat up waiting for an answer expectantly.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:59 am

"Titanium." I said quietly. I looked over at his plans. "But would a villa really want titanium roofing? It would cost millions." I said, looking over at him. "Could I have a look at that dagger?" I asked. "Here, I'll get my laptop, but put it onto this." I said, passing him a hard drive. "Don't you think that a non-serrated edge would be better?" I asked, peering at it over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 am

"Titanium, what a great idea and actually I was not going to use titanium for that purpose. A non-serrated edge would definitely be better but I am not done with this yet" I said transferring the blueprint of the dagger to her hard drive. "Here you go" I said handing her the hard drive as she returned with her laptop, I closed my laptop and put it to a side, I was thankful to Arian because he was always providing me with technology, that is how I had added the scanner to my laptop making it easier to work with the blueprints! "I was actually thinking of armor made out of titanium, not the roof of the villa.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 am

"Well, yes, titanium armour wouldn't be so bad, but it's extremely expensive. And rare. Not as rare as uranium, but still." I murmured an apology for my sulky behaviour, buried my face in my pillow, and promptly dozed off. "Wake me up in ten minutes." I muttered drowsily.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 2:48 am

I was going to answer but since Ember fell asleep I thought I'd just tell her later. I thought about how I would get enough titanium to make armor with it and decided to go tell Chiron about this. I arrived after informing him about this idea to which he said that he would arrange any titanium bought (during quests) to be sent to me and also that he would buy small amounts of it whenever we got enough money.

OOC - Am I allowed to say what Chiron said or should I delete this post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)   Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ember's Bunk (Careful of the red-hot wire rods! Haha, joking...I think)
Page 1 of 1