Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half Blood

The home of all demigods.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First Character

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Huntress
Moderators

Drachmas : 94

First Character Empty
PostSubject: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 11:24 pm

Name:
Houri Ember Jones
(She goes by her middle name)
"Me? I'm Ember."
"Can't you tell a girl when you see one?"
"I'm sixteen, why?"
Birthday:
1/10
"The first of October. It's palindromic, did you know?"
Eyes:
Orangish-gold irises, long, dark brown lashes, wide eyes.
"Some people say my eyes are my best feature. Others say my eyes are super freaky. I don't know which, but I'd opt for the first."
Hair:
Dark brown, wavy, down to just below her shoulders.
"I never cut it. I just really like it long. I never tie it, either, except when it's boiling outside. People say that my hair's pretty too."
Height:
5,8" (Five feet eight inches)
"I'm waaay too tall. Half the guys I meet are shorter than me! It's such a bummer."
Body Type:
Slender, curvy.
"I don't really care for my body the way those Aphrodite bimbos do. But hey, if it looks good, keep it that way, right?"
Skin Color:
Light tan, never really gets burnt. Freckly and slightly pimply.
"I don't really care for my face either, just a splash of water in the morning.
God Parent:
Hephaestus
"...God of Blacksmiths and fire."
Mortal Parent:
Nadia Jones, deceased.
"It was rheumatism, and a slight lung disease. She inhaled some third-grade diesel, and it had these poisonous fumes in it. She was never the same after that. I still miss her. I hope dad does too."
(Mutters) "He'd better."
Country of Origin:
America, Ireland, Scotland, Philipinnes.
"I have a really messed up ancestry. Don't ask."
Pets (optional):
"I wish. I had a dog once, though - a beagle. His name was Piston. We found him, me and mom, in a gutter, shivering his tail off. We took him home and lay him by the fire, and he seemed to be better after that. But after mom....you know, he disappeared. Just ran away, and never came back."
Talents:
Gadgetry, building, fiddling with stuff like gears and pistons and accidentally making engines.
"I don't call myself powerful or talented. I just have a knack for fixing stuff."
Weapon**:
Anything that's lying around...
"...Preferably something sharp."
Flaws (at least three):
Undermines everything she does, lies unecessarily, and extremely competitive.
"Competitive? Who's competitive? Oh, by the way, I can build an engine faster than you."
Powers(must relate to god parent; optional):
None.
"I told you. I'm just a stupid idiotic, slightly talented girl, who just *happens* to be passable as a demigod."
Life Before Camp*:
After the rheumatism attack, Ember quit school to help her mother. They were rich enough to afford a hospital bunk, but not with Ember's school fees. So she stopped going to school, and sold everything in the house that was worth anything, in order to get money for hospital admission, medicine, and doctor's consultation. Nothing worked. After her mom's death and Piston's disappearance, she was found by a satyr, who helped her to CHB.
RP Example (at least five sentences)*: I walked to the crest of Half-Blood Hill. Gently, I stroked the bark of Thalia's Tree. Picking up a couple of firm twigs and pine needles from the ground, I quickly fiddled with it, trying to blink back tears. Sooner than I expected, I helicopter, complete with propeller, whirred to laugh. Mom used to say that my fingers moved faster if my emotions were running high. I think she meant if I was happy. But now that she was gone, I could never tell her that it was true for all my emotions. I cupped my hands and blew on the helicopter. It flew away, and somewhere deep inside me I knew I was letting all the sorrow I felt fly away with it.
Any notes about your characters:
Ember will only let someone know her first name on three conditions:
1. They are supremely awesome, like Chiron.
2. It's a moment of pure demigod action-ness.
3. She feels that the person and herself are going to become something more than friends.

Last edited by Huntress on Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
Admin
Maybeth

Drachmas : 25

First Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:58 am

What do you mean by 5,8? is it meters, feet ?
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

First Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:02 am

5 feet 8 inches.
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
Admin
Maybeth

First Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:17 am

Okay, write it then.
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

First Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 am

Okay, but , is the universal symbol for feet and " is the universal symbol for inches....just thought you should know...
Back to top Go down
Maybeth
Admin
Maybeth

First Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:31 am

oh, so sorry then...
Aprooved!

HAPPY ROLEPLAY!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Character Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Character   First Character I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Character
Page 1 of 1