Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camp Half Blood

The home of all demigods.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Huntress
Moderators

Drachmas : 94

Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} Empty
PostSubject: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 4:06 am

I walked in, guitar case bumping comfortingly on my back. Sitting down gently on one of the stands, I carefully unzipped the case and brought out my worn, green-fade-to-black guitar, cocking one ear to see if it was tuned. After a couple minutes, I started strumming and singing. I didn't have much of a voice, but I liked to sing - at least I could stay in tune, and most Apollo kids didn't run away from me, screaming that I sounded like a dying pig.
"I wish I could tie you up in my shoes, make you feel unpretty too..." I started, plucking the strings delicately, and trying not to show any emotion towards the song. After a while, I guessed around the second chorus, I noticed that the sparse moss that weakly surrounded the amphitheatre didn't look so sparse anymore, and was growing petite white flowers before my eyes. I smiled, but kept singing.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

Drachmas : 69

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:04 am

I had absolutely nothing to do and I really did not feel like training so with Heli trotting by my heels I walked to the Amphitheater. Was that music I heard? Putting down my bow i walked in to see a girl busy in singing. She was really good at it too and coming from me that was a compliment. "Hey" I shouted.

Last edited by DianaMoon on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 11:35 pm

I abruptly stopped, my pick falling out of my hands and down to the centre of the amphitheatre. There was a girl walking towards me, a cat following her. Her auburn hair was in a braid and her golden eyes looked friendly enough - the girl, not the cat. The cat itself was huge and looked well-fed, though it wasn't exactly the type of thing that you would hold your hand out to - it was kind of menacing, though I was sure it would be kinder if I got to know it. "Hi." I said in a small voice, trying to attempt a smile. "What's up? I'm Lea." I grinned inwardly. Azalea was a bit of a mouthful - I barely called myself that anymore. "Daughter of Demeter."
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:15 am

"I am Adenah, Daughter of Apollo but you can call me Ade." I said handing her the pick."I didn't mean to startle you though, I hope you don't mind me being here." I continued sitting next to her. She looked a bit nervous as Heli took a seat next to me. " Oh I forgot to introduce you to Heliacal, she goes with Heli. She is sort of unfriendly to strangers but when you get to know her she is a pussycat, in terms of speech. And literally. Okay I messed up, but whatever, you sing and play well. Can you sing that for me again please?
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:20 am

"You really think my voice is worth listening to?" I said laughingly. "Okay, I'll sing it, but don't blame me if your eardrums bleed." I bent down, retrieved my pick, and started playing. I decided to start with the second verse instead. "Never insecure until I met you, now I'm being stupid. I used to be so cute to me..." The song was second nature, so I didn't really have to think about the song lyrics. I instead focused on making the flowers grow around the entire auditorium, just simple, two-inch long moss saplings. It was draining, but it made the dingy, lonely place seem a little friendlier.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:38 am

She definately underestimated herself and that's when I noticed that flowers..... they were blooming all around me. It was beautiful.I had never seen this before, it was so charming. Hypnotized by the blooming of the flowers and listening to Lea's song I really thought the tiredness was sucked out of me. I knew what I had to do I urged my mind to make Lea fell better, more confident about herself.

OOC - In my last post I wrote that I handed you the pick and I have the power to make people fell better when they are not happy or they are stressed and stuff like that, in your case not confident.

Last edited by DianaMoon on Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:46 am

Out of Character - I didn't notice that, sorry, and you have to mention that you're using your power otherwise I won't know. Also, Lea is just joking around, she knows she has a good voice. Kinda like me.

Back in Character - After I finished the song, I felt kind of rejuvenated, more relaxed, and sure of myself. I cast a suspicious look at Adenah, then nodded. "Apollo. Right." I said. "Did you like the song?" I asked. "How old are you, by the way?" I held out a tentative hand on Heli's head. "She's so soft!" I remarked, petting her.
Back to top Go down
DianaMoon

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:57 am

I am fifteen and you? Ya, I know I brush her almost everyday and even if I don't cat's can groom themselves. I said running my hand down Heli's coat. Hey, if you don't mind can you walk with me down to the Armory, I need to get some new arrows or are you to busy?
Back to top Go down
Huntress
Moderators

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 am

"I'm 16, and sure, I'll come with you." I said, checking my sickle in it's sheath. "Need to sharpen this, anyway." I murmured, showing her the gleaming, yet blunt blade.

ooc - i've made the post at the weapon shed here: https://demigodscamp.rpg-board.net/t40-sharpening-a-sickle#212
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}   Laments and the depression they cause...{Open} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Laments and the depression they cause...{Open}
Page 1 of 1